Now that the December holidays are over it does not mean we cannot cook our favourite delicious chicken biryani and enjoy January.
Here is a tasty Swahili chicken biryani recipe that you have to try this January.
Ingredients for tasty chicken biryani
In order for you to come up with a tasty biryani you need to have:
- 2 cup of Rice
- ½ teaspoon mint leaves
- Salt as required
- 2 cloves
- Red chili powder
- 2 large onions(you can use more)
- 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon turmeric, ginger and garlic paste, cup curd or plain yoghurt and garam masala powder
- Water as required
- 600gm chicken (as per servings)
- Enough cooking oil.
In a clean bowl put your chicken pieces and add:
- 1 tablespoon of redchilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Some salt
In the cooking pan add enough oil and leave it to be hot for a minute then add your sliced onions.
Leave them to cook until they turn brown.
In a clean bowl covered with a dry serviette, put the fried onions.
In the cooking pan add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil, leave it to be hot for a minute then add your marinated chicken pieces.
Fry until brown while turning them.
Read also: Wajir Referral Hospital Shut Over Water & Electricity Crisis
Tasty chicken rojo la biryani
In a sufuria add while mixing:
- Enough cooking oil (you can use the leftover that you’ve used to fry the chicken).
- Add 3 table spoon of ginger and garlic paste.
- Add Shahzeera, Cloves, Cinnamon and Cardamom
- 1 tablespoon of salt to taste.
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- ½ table spoon turmeric powder
- ½ table spoon redchilli powder (optional)
- 3 sliced big green chilies (optional)
Cover and leave it to cook for 10 min.
- Add 1 cup of curd or plain yoghurt, coriander and mint leaves
- fried onions
- Add 1 table spoon garam masala
- 1 lemon juice
- Add your fried chicken and mix. Leave it to cook for 5minutes or more.
In a Sufuria add:
- 4 cups of water (depending on your servings)
- Add enough salt to taste
- Leave it to boil for some time then add your clean rice.
- Cover it and leave it cook until ready.
- In an oiled sufuria add some of your boiled rice.
- Then add some of rojo la biryani and add the remaining rice.
- Add ½ cup of milk mixed with your favorite food color.
- Cover with aluminum foil and leave it to cook for 10 minutes in low heat
Serve it for your family with your favourite juice or a cup of water, and enjoy your meal.