Most of the times people tend to fear cooking Omena recipes simply because of the odor that comes with it.
Here is a simple way to cook tasty omena and escape the ‘Njaanuary’ stress.
- White vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Cumin powder
- Green bell pepper
- Cooking oil
Omena soup preparation.
- Step one
- Boil your omena for around 50 minutes, sieve the water and wash them again.
- Pour enough white vinegar in your Sufuria and mix. This is to remove the bad odor and the bitter taste.
- In a cooking pan dry your Omena or deep fry them.
- Step Two
- In a clean sufuria pour enough oil, and leave it to be hot for a minute then add sliced onions. Let them cook until golden brown.
- Add your grated or sliced garlic and salt to taste.
- In addition, also add tomatoes, bell pepper, tomato paste, cumin powder, paprika and also royco comes in.
- Add some water to get a thick taste.
Cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes. Keep checking.
After five minutes of simmering, add your fried or dried omena while spreading.
Put some water to have a soup. This step is optional but good if you have kids since omena’s soup is reach in vitamin E for weaning babies.
- Final step
Put in your diced Dania to get the flavor. Cover it for two minutes and put off your fire.
Serve it best with ugali and enjoy your January recipe.
READ ALSO: George Natembeya Redeployed To The Office Of The President
Importance of omena/my take
Note// There is a simple kitchen hack to remove off your garlic-hard skin. This by simply putting your garlic on a table, taking a big knife sideways, and pressing it hard on the garlic. No worries you will have the best.
Remember sardines are very good in providing proteins in your body not forget they are not that expensive.